Dennis Quaid's newborn twins in danger
Dennis Quaid's newborn twins were evidently a part of a medical mix-up that put them in serious medical condition in a Los Angeles hospital on Tuesday.
Quaid's newborn babies, Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace, were evidently given an overdose of the drug Heparin, a drug used to flush out intravenous tubes and prevent blood clots. TMZ is reporting that the Quaid twins were given a dosage more than 1,000 times larger than the prescribed amount.
As many as 13 patients received overdoses after the drug was stored incorrectly by a technician and then administered by a doctor without checking.
Quaid's children with his third wife Kimberly Buffington were born by surrogate on November 8.