Everyone knows that Daniel Nardicio is one of gaysocialites.blog’s favorite party promoters in the nightlife business, so we can couldn’t help but share his recently released list of the top 10 things party promoters should not do.
(1) Sending text messages that say, “Hey! I haven’t seen you in a while! Come to my party.” But they’re mass texts they send out to everyone!
(2) Calling Wednesday “humpday” and thinking it’s clever and funny.
(3) Using “cum” instead of “come” and thinking it’s sexy — it’s not.
(4) Promising “naked” dancers, but really it’s guys in underwear. Naked is naked.
(5) Calling something an “underwear party,” yet when you get there it’s 20 people in clothes and one skinny dude the bartender talked into getting into his undies for a free drink.
(6) Calling anything an “underwear party.” Leave that to professionals. Throw what you know. I don’t throw bear parties for a reason.
(7) Calling anything “So You Think You Can …” Or “—– Idol”. Done a million times before. Get a new gimmick. NEXT!
(8) Alliteration. This is the #1 offender of lazy promoters and bar owners and it makes me sad to the core. Thirsty Thursdays! Wacky Wednesdays! Freaky Fridays! Sinful Saturdays! Now that I’ve pointed this one out, you’ll see it’s everywhere! It’s awful!
(9) Promoting to me (#1 rule — don’t promote to other promoters). If you sold Avon, would you hit up your local Avon Lady?? Methinks not!
(10) Not going to your own events! How I loathe being begged to go to another promoter’s event, only to find out he isn’t even there! If your party isn’t good enough for YOU to go to, why should we???
Wow! Nardicio hit that nail right on the head! Other than the fact that he isn’t into alliterations (which are very loved by the gaysocialites.blog senior editors), we couldn’t agree more.
Item #10 takes the cake! Good work, Daniel!!